Here is MY opinion, President Trump......


Oh wonderful Island of Isla Mujeres, where do I start?


 Is it the beautiful palm trees that sway in the salty winded air? The wonderful smiles and faces of people who live on this very island? For all of you dog lovers out there stop reading this because you're about to find the best place on earth to fall in love just by going for a simple ride. 


This island is full of possibilities every single morning that you wake. The Island of Isla Mujeres is an island that can bring romance in the air just by the turn of your cheek. It brings you comfort, happiness, and peace. Not only that, but this island gives you appreciation for many different reasons. This is a place that is more magical than words can describe. 


As fortunate as I was to see all of that beauty, I was also fortunate enough to spend some of my time in the forgotten parts of the island. 


It was a part of town where you saw children smiling and playing in the streets; kicking around a can just to make a fun game. Children who did not have much, but were willing to smile because of what they did have. 


As I came up to these children, no words were spoken at all. In fact, these Mexican children from Isla Mujeres ran over with joy and laughter in their hearts. In this moment I wondered, how is it that another country, who should be taught to hate America for all of the things said and done by the President, can welcome me in with such love and joy? 


I think it is because Isla Mujeres understands something. People in Mexico understand something that some in America have yet to figure out. 


You talk about being smart Mr. Trump, and being a successful man. You've had tremendous television success, sold best sellers, build companies, and tremendous real-estate.


Yet, the smartest man should realize being a successful man, or president for that matter should not matter in money and how much is in your account or what you have to show. It should not matter how smart you may think you are; Because far smarter people than you President Trump, have made much dumber mistakes than you. Crazy thought right?


There are many different forms of success. There is success in money, in fame, and followers, but there is also success in Unity and kindness; Love and friendship. 

Don't forget that Jesus only had 12 followers for everything he stood for, and look at the impact his pure heart made on the world today.

So, know your fame and success you speak of all the time are wonderful about you, and yes it got you to where you are today, but it doesn't define our country as successful just because your wallet is successful.

You have Millions of followers so with that voice what do you choose to do?

Tear us apart or hold us together?

How is it that I, CHELSEA GOMEZ an American citizen can feel guilty about visiting a beautiful country that I personally love and cherish? 


Now I know what you might be thinking. 


"Oh, now I understand why she is writing this. She is an American Citizen, but has the last name Gomez. She clearly has some ulterior motive and is angry because she is Mexican". 

No Mr. Trump let me stop your racist thought right there before you even dig your hole deeper.

I am a woman who is 23 years old. I am a woman who was born in the United States of America. I grew up with other American kids throwing racist comments about being Mexican in my face. But, to all of these people and Childrens knowledge and surpise who I have now long forgiven, I am actually not Mexican at all. 


My Father Francisco Gomez was born in A Coruna, Spain. It is a port city in the Galicia region of Northwest Spain in Europe. A place I am proudly able to visit all of the friends and family that I love with all of my heart. 


Now that you know Donald Trump, that I am speaking as an American Citizen with no "Mexican Heritage of conflict" that you speak of, I have a message for you. 


This is just me, a 23 year old woman who is living in New Jersey. I have never been the type of woman who follows politics. Agree with me or not; That was the life I chose. Mainly because I did not believe to think in depth that my one opinion can have a massive effect on America. 

Silly me for being so blind before, but now I see.

To my younger self mistaken outlook, I apologize. I apologize to myself and all people reading this to think that my voice was not big enough to be heard. My actions will and should show you that my voice is big enough to be heard, and know that yours is too. It wasn't or isn't about effecting the people in America. This is about effecting people all around the world. 


President Trump, we should not just "try" to be a better country. Grass does not "try" to grow. It just grows. So lets just be it. Be better. Lets not just try to be better in the limited areas you speak of. 


Our beautiful country needs to remember what we are all about. It isn't all about the money, or power that you show people you have. It is about reflecting on who we are and staying true to ourselves; Helping our people around the WORLD and not just our country. 


Reflect on who we have become. Who we are is a country of love, empathy, bravery, and kindness. Let our actions and words speak our true hearts desire. 

Love.

Instead of speaking words of segregation President Trump, take some advice from a young girl living in a world where all I want is for every soul to be happy and rich; Not just with money and wealth which is clearly your dominant thought, but in love and acceptance. 


Instead of building a wall President Trump, build a giant mirror. That way, you can reflect on what you have tried to make America become. 


If you speak about wanting to help our country out for it's wealth, why not take all of that money you were going to use on the wall and give it to people who actually need it. There are still starving children all around the world and even all around America yet you think our solution is separation and spending more money to do it? 


These people in Mexico, these humans, souls, men, woman and children show me what love and a happy world is like. It isn't about how much money they had. It was about the loving people they were surrounded by. These wonderful people are willing to die to help their families have a better life. They show me what brave is. 


Being brave is wanting the best for the people that you love and doing anything to accomplish it. The People that I love are the people all around this world. With all do respect President Trump, if you cared for our country you would care for the human race in general. You would not pick and choose who you want to accept because of their race. You and I both know that these humans had no say in where they were born or what skin color they have.

Everyone deserves a fair chance at a happy life.

 If you cared, you would not only be willing to do whats best and help our country, but you would do the unselfish thing by doing what is best and helping the world become a better place. 


AND


I know President trump that making a world a better place does not begin by separating our earth from one another. 


Whether you live in Australia, France, China, and even Mexico, you are loved. 


If one person like Donald Trump can become President, I or you can become the next woman or man who stands up for peace and equality on this earth; not just this country. 


We need to give what we are expecting to receive. 


The question is what do we all want to receive in the end? 


Love and acceptance. 


Not separation, hatred, and anger toward another country who has lovingly welcomed me, and so many other countries and American citizens. 


Before the new year, I felt sad. I was sad because I felt as if I had some of what I thought were the best people in my life, lost them, and felt completely uncared for around the most important time of year for me; Christmas and my birthday. 


But, being in Mexico helped me realize something. 


Life isn't about going to bed and being sad about what we don't have. It is about waking up every morning, and being thankful for the things that we do have. I have to say, the best birthday present  I received this year was being welcomed by Isla Mujeres Mexico, and having the privilege to give back in love.


As long as I live I will speak words that push for equality and change for the better.


President Trump if you cared about our world, it is plain and simple. You, as the President of the United States of America need to take a chance to make a choice to make a change.

If it's not you, it's me.

You do not get to decide how another person feels. You do not get to decide whether a persons feelings are hurt from your racist comments and actions. You can sugar coat it all you want, but you remind me of a boyfriend I once had. Constantly saying stuff to make me feel crazy like I am in the wrong for only wanting the best.

And I dumped him.
If only it were that easy ay?


Your lac of acknowledgment on what true REAL racism is, will kill this planets kindness if you let it. Racism isn't going anywhere unless you make that change.


If you can not make that change, I pray to the lord above us that he can show us the way to do it without you. God does everything for a reason, and maybe we needed you to show us exactly what we do not want.


Help us take ten steps forward, not ten steps back. 


As for the rest of the world and people who agree upon Donald Tumps Racism, and try to disguise it as "doing whats best for our country" Know that you are doing whats best for you. Which is the very opposite and selfish thing to do. I pray for you with all my heart and soul.

I in no way blame whoever was/is blinded by Mr. Trump. After all, he is the President of the United States of America. We as a whole chose him knowing all of his negative intent; and I wonder why?


I in no way blame you because your mind was tampered with without your knowledge. When you are born, you are not immediately born hating people for the color of their skin.

This is something that is taught through practice.  It is taught through constant negative words, which  causes young souls to grow as negative beings, with constant negative thoughts.

These are the people who dislike other beings for what they can not change about themselves.

Whoever you are reading this, remember; you are beautiful no matter the color of your skin or how far apart we live.

I pray to God that one day our country and planet opens our eyes as a whole. Please don't forget that these people and places you are voting against and have voted against, are some of the very places you choose to escape to. America seems to be the place that us Americans need to run away from to just "relax".

You seem to need a vacation AWAY from America and go to the place, people and the very smiling faces you have rejected, for happiness.

Confusing right?

I may not be Mexican, but I am a Spanish woman who has been racially made fun of my whole life for being something that I am not.

It did not matter how much I tried to convince others of my true ethnicity. My words of truth were invisible to them, yet your words of lies are to be seen and accepted by millions.

To be honest, I thank God that those things happened to me every day. If they did not, I would not be able to have the voice that I do today.

So....


America, Mexico, Austria, Canada, viewers, people from all around the world, the greatest gift we can receive in life is not money. We all know this yet sometimes choose to ignore it. The greatest gift we can receive and give is your acceptance and happiness.

All we have all ever wanted, was to be accepted. 



There is no right skin color.

There is no wrong skin color.

We are all made from one creator.

We are all meant to be different, not one of us meant to be the same.

And there is so, so much beauty in that.

God may have created many different varieties of skin tones.

But, what I believe is our souls are all one color.

I believe that there is good in all people.

Even the ones who have hurt me.


If the negative words of the world can teach people how to hate, imagine how your positive words brought into this world can teach people how to love.

If people can be taught to hate, they can be taught to love.

There is so much good in this world.

I would love to show that by finding a way to give back.

It starts by me writing this for you; for us as a family. 


I am well aware that my opinion may make some people disagree or hate me.

But, people have hated me for what I am not anyway.

So, I might as well be hated for what I am and the truth I speak. 





The Chair With Chels 💋











Comments

Popular Posts