Forgiveness..... Whats That Sh*t All About?


Today, I am reflecting on it all. 

I am reflecting on yesterday. 

I am reflecting on last year; My whole life really. 

Today is a day that I have decided to endure it and take it all in. 

Doing this hurts.

This hurts so bad for me. 

But in order to have peace and move on, reflection is an obligation. 

We must reflect on our past so we can see what we can do differently in the future, to better our lives.

As most of us know yet seem to forget, life is way too short to hold on to meaningless regrets. 

Life is too short to go to bed angry. 

As humans we deserve to make ourselves a priority. 

Give yourself permission to say how you feel. 

Then try to let it go. 

Sometimes you have to learn the hard way.

You either say how you feel and fuck it up, or say nothing and let it fuck you up instead. 

So, sometimes everything we do no matter how hard we try we can never be good enough for others. 

But, that doesn't mean hold on to the anger. 

Everything can change in just one moment. 

Forgive often. 

Love with all of your heart. 

You never know when you may not have the chance to see another sunrise again. 

Once someone told me that the bad news about this life, is that time flies. The good news? Well, the good news is that you are the pilot. 


So, next time you feel like you have nothing left to give to the world, take a step back.

Inhale and laugh. 

Try to remember who you are and why you are here. 

You are never given anything in this world that you can't handle. 

Sometimes no matter how much you try, you come to a point where you realize you'll never be good enough for some people. 

People will push your limits, but when you finally explode right back, you're the mean one. 

Just don't lose your dignity and respect trying to make people accept, love, and appreciate you when they just aren't capable. 

Personally, I am learning every single day to allow my life to inspire me in ways to make it better for me and for everyone around me.

Especially when life is as scary and raw as it has been. 

Unfortunately, we do not get to pick the very things that are going to break us. 

We can't even predict whats going to save us.

But, what has helped me is understanding something; understanding the process of forgiveness.

In my eyes thats something that is crucial if you want a happy life. 

I am the type who has fed the mouths that have talked horrid on my behalf when all I've ever wanted was love for them. 

I have wiped the tears off of the faces of people who caused mine. 

I have even picked up people who have knocked me down. 

I have done favors for others who have done nothing for me. 

Does that make me crazy?

I don't know. 

Maybe. 

But, I will not lose myself in the hatred of others and neither should you.

I will continue to be who I am because it is my nature. 

Life isn't easy, especially through all of the bullshit. 

Just don't let other peoples hatred, words or actions tear you apart. 
 
If these people don't value you, why value their words? 

Throw the thought of them and the negativity / Lord Farquaad bullsnatch they bring into your life Far, Far away. 

Out of all of the fairy tales there are, today I think of Shrek. 

Shrek is a fairy tale that helps me remember that even imperfect people can have happy endings. 

So what if someone else thinks a certain way about you or forgets to appreciate you. 

What matters is how you feel about you and how you treat you. 

No one can take that away unless you're the one who allows them. 

Peace is yours when you claim it. 

Peace is not a place where there is no noise, crazy situations, or hard work. 

Peace is the calming in your heart in the midst of all of those things. 

You can't control other peoples actions or how they choose to perceive you. 

Anything that you do or say will get filtered through the mind of whatever personal stuff that they are actually going through at the moment; which is not even about you. 

It can be frustrating but understanding all this for your own peace is so important. 

Life isn't about trying to please other people. 

It is about making your life happy and easy. 

Looking for the good in others is pivotal. 

Most importantly when someone has done you wrong. 

Don't focus on the problem; but whatever good you can find out of it. 

Finding the good in others takes belief; belief in yourself. 

When you look for the good in others, you often bring to light your own best. 

After all, none of us are perfect.

We all make mistakes. 

It's how we come back from those very mistakes, that truly matters. 


The Chair With Chels💋

Comments

Popular Posts