The Choices We Make

 
Now, I know some of you may think this is silly.
________
But, this is something that popped into my head and I wanted to share the importance of every choice we make. 
________
Even the so called “small” choices we make. 
________
I had to choose between a cookie or a banana. 
________
I contemplated for a second then realized this.. 
________
If I indulge in the cookie it will only make me feel good in the very moment I’m eating it. 
________
Then the good feeling will completely vanish. 
________
That very feeling turns to guilt. Not to mention a cookie could do your body harm. 
________
We might not be able to see what it’s doing to us right away, but eventually it will catch up. 
________
So what do I choose? 
________
I chose the banana. 
________
I choose this realizing that the long term effects would be much greater than the having the cookie. 
________
It could give me nutrients and keep me healthy and happy longer, unlike the cookie. 
________
So you can look at your relationships like choosing healthy food or unhealthy food... 
________
The unhealthy food will only feel good in the moment. 
________
Never indulge in something just for a short moment...
________
because in that short moment, you truly don’t know what you could lose. 
________
Is it weight? Definitely not. 
________
Maybe it’s the love of your life. 
________
Maybe the healthy choice is the girl you thought you could push to the side and save her for later after you’re done with all of those cookies? 
________
But when you’re done with all those cookies you might not even be full. 
________
You’ll feel empty and sick. 
________
Just like you’ll feel after you’re done with that girl or boy you thought you thought you needed so bad. 
________
So the question is this.. why would I ever, ever have a hard time choosing between a banana and a cookie? 
________
It’s because sometimes we think the cookie is what’s best for us because of the feeling we get in the moment.. but that can be dangerous. 
________
It’s a feeling that quickly passes, and others come along with it. 
________
Even physical feelings we didn’t know would erupt. 
________
So why not choose the banana each and every single time?
________
When you choose the “banana” lifestyle you ultimately choose yourself. 

Xoxo Chelsea Gomez 

Comments

Popular Posts